Click here to see the Church Calendar
Click here to view/print the BCOC Facilities Request Form
Click here to view/print the 2017-2018 Interest Survey
Click here to view/print the 2017 Pledge Card
Adults: Beef tips, potatoes, veggies, corn bread, dessert
Children: Chicken fingers, corn, tater tots or fries, fruit, dessert
REMINDER: Wednesday Night Supper reservations are due every Monday by 3:00 p.m. If you would like to be placed on the permanent list or to confirm your permanent reservation, please contact the church office at 328-0644.
Upcoming Wednesday Nights
September 13, 2018 Budget Proposal and other business
September 20, "Calling and Vocation"
September 27 - October 11, Skills for Christian Living
October 18, Adoption of the 2018 Budget and other business
October 25, "How to Have a Civil Discourse in an Uncivil World," J.L. "Vic" Dippenaar
Hurricane Harvey Relief
“WHAT CAN WE DO TO HELP THOSE IMPACTED BY HURRICANE HARVEY?”
Alabama CBF has a list of things we can do:
- Pray – Pray for Houston, Harris County, families, and first responders.
- Give – Consider giving to the CBF Hurricane Disaster Relief Fund (click HERE if you wish to give)
- Organize – Consider becoming part of short-term disaster relief groups and long-term rebuilding efforts.
- Think: Long-term – Keep in mind that recovery takes years. Consider supporting efforts that focus on rehabilitation and the resiliency of communities.
There are several ways for Covenant members to get involved.
- The United Methodist Church has a Disaster Response Warehouse in Decatur, AL and are looking for volunteers to help sort supplies. BCOC is looking to form a team to help in September. Email Taylor Bell if interested (For more information visit their website.)
- If you are interested in the possibility of traveling to East Texas to participate in rebuilding efforts, email Taylor Bell.
- AL.com has produced a list of all Hurricane Harvey relief efforts in Alabama. Click HERE to learn more.
Skills for Christian Living
On Wednesday nights, annually, classes are offered to help members hone a specific Christian skill for the living of faith. This year we are pleased to offer five classes on September 27, October 4 and 11. Featured teachers and classes are as follows:
- Debbie Sumrall, “Nonviolent Response to Conflict”
- Eva Kendrick, “Understanding Gender and Sexual identity”
- Vicki Rayford, “Planning for the Holidays”
- John Mitchell, “Bible Study on James”
- Karen Smith, “Making Personal Finger Labyrinths”
Please select ONE class for all three weeks. A sign-up board is located in the Fellowship Hall.